Yeah, we get it. The mountains are calling and you must go and John Muir himself has rolled in his grave for about the millionth time today. Don't get it twisted, I've pulled my fair share of motivation to go out and galavant thanks to the musings of Muir, Thoreau, and Kerouac, but the world of outdoor recreation has not been particularly kind to the fairer sex. The good news is, more women are hiking, backpacking, ultra running, bouldering, summiting, and all around adventuring more than ever and our numbers are only growing stronger.
Before you copy and paste that tried and true Muir quote into your next Instagram caption, give these ladies and their thoughts your kind consideration.
1. “To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.” -- Terry Tempest Williams
2. “Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.” ― Emily Wing Smith
3. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." ― Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places." ― Isabelle Eberhardt
5. “As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.” ― Virginia Woolf
6. “This journey has always been about reaching your own other shore no matter what it is, and that dream continues.” – Diana Nyad
7. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
Join the conversation and our community on Instagram
Your story is wild and it deserves to be told. Drop Us A Line and share with us why you Go Galavanting.